It's your brand new project, so it needs a lot of love. Here are five tips to make your Q+A site great.
- It's all yours right now -- enjoy it! Once your site takes off, lots of people will read what you write. Right now, nobody's looking over your shoulder yet, so feel free to try things out and make mistakes.
- Add lots of questions! The hardest thing about writing is looking at a blank page and not knowing where to start. It's a lot easier once you write down your first couple questions and the site starts to look "full". So take a deep breath, and jump in -- make ten question questions, one right after another. Once you've started, you can answer the questions slowly, adding a little bit at a time.
- Organize your Q+A site! You can add categories to organize your questions, use the "Add Category" button on any question page to start a new category.
- Create a few links to your site! To get Google to know you're out there, link to your Q+A site from your myspace page, your blog or twitter account, or any discussion boards you're active on. It's important to let the search engines know you're ready for passionate people with questions to come visit.
- When you're ready -- tell your friends! Once you've started a bunch of pages, linked them together with categories and added some pictures, you'll be ready to start showing off your new baby to the world. You probably know people who are interested in the same thing that you are, so tell your friends to check out your new site. Those are your first readers and potential contributors, so give them lots of encouragement.
A good way to stay up-to-date with the latest news and events around Wikia is to visit our Staff blog. If at any time you get stuck, feel free to write to us through our contact form -- we're happy to help!
LOL, sorry TBT. I just could not for the life of me remember two things 1 who was the last guy from the line of brocktree and 2 who was the actual last badger lord in the series. SunflashtheAwesome 14:09, November 14, 2011 (UTC)
TBT, why is "chatting" a violation? Is it bad in any way? Am I deeply offending you by chatting, cause there is really no reason to be blocked for that you know. Why is "chatting" a problem? And how long is my block? SunflashtheAwesome 15:28, November 21, 2011 (UTC)
- This is all explained in the Manual of Style . Please read it. Your block expires on November 27, 2011 at 00:27 GMT. -- LordTBT Talk! 00:19, November 22, 2011 (UTC)
LordTBT, I have tried several times to answer one of the questions just now but when I hit save, it disappeared. The question is "Who is the character(s) on the front of the UK and US covers of Marlfox?" And my answer was something along the lines of "Mokkan, the leader of the Marlfoxes, I believe, is in the foreground of the two covers. In the background of the UK cover are the Wandering Noonvale Companions Troupe." Why isn't it saving? And it is Mokkan, right? Thanks-Segalia Riverstorm, Otter Warrior 75 px Living and writing adventures,1 Cor. 1:7-9 23:31, February 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Your answer was removed, because (feel free to prove me wrong) I don't think it's been established who is on the covers. The question may not be answerable. -- LordTBT Talk! 00:05, February 18, 2012 (UTC)
Hey how come ya won't talk to me on the redwall wiki? That hurts my feelings that you just welcome me then ignore me. I would really like to be your friend. Skywarp22 00:02, April 5, 2012 (UTC)
- The Redwall Wiki is not a "talk" or "chat" site. We are an information resource. -- LordTBT Talk! 01:22, April 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Whoops! Never mind what I asked over there, then. Sorry, I'm inexperienced at this sort of thing.
- Eulaliaaa!!!! 19:24, August 20, 2012 (UTC)
Hi; there's one more fanfiction I want to adopt on the main redwall wiki. The author hasn't been on since August and I think I may have proof that they abandoned the story themselves. What should I do?
- Contact the author, wait a week, if there's no response talk to me again. -- LordTBT Talk! 01:59, April 12, 2012 (UTC)
- Ok, but I think I have evidence that they abandoned the story voluntarily. Should I show you?
- Vilaya Don't tread on me! 15:46, April 12, 2012 (UTC)SalemtheCruel
- You still need direct permission from the author if this is possible. -- LordTBT Talk! 23:18, April 12, 2012 (U
I have tried and tried to answer the question "How many seasons between the Winter of Slaughter....."etc but every time I hit save, my answer vanishes and it reverts to an unanswered question. Could you fix this please? This is the answer I was going to put.
- "It was either four seasons, eight seasons, or some other multiple of four, between the end of the Winter of Slaughter and the time Razzid Wearat began sailing again, starting the main plot of The Rogue Crew . We know this because it was winter when Razzid's first reign of terror came to an abrupt end at the hands of Skor Axehound , and it was winter again (see Philomel Hardback Edition, page 17) when the Wearat returned to pirating after being injured."
- --Scotty Bluefleck\\O Sword of Truth! Fly swift and sure, that Evil die and Good endure! 03:03, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Nothing I can do, sounds browser-related, however that's not a definitive answer, and shouldn't go in there anyway. -- LordTBT Talk! 03:21, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
- It is the only answer possible besides a straight "We'll Never Know". I just read the book through carefully and that's all the information given. We can't just leave it blank when there's no other possible answer.
- --Scotty Bluefleck \\O Sword of Truth! Fly swift and sure, that Evil die and Good endure! 12:02, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
- When there is no definitive answer, the options are leave it blank or delete it. The purpose of this resource is to provide a definitive answer. No guesswork, no assumptions. -- LordTBT Talk! 23:24, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
There is absolutely no guessing involved; there is absolutely no assumption involved, either. This is only mathematical calculation, and an extrememly easy and simple one at that (4=4). Razzid was injured in wintertime. It was winter again (I gave a reference) when he again began pirating. The user wants the answer in seasons, and winter-to-winter is a four season cycle. So the answer invariably and indisputably must be a multiple of four seasons. This is as definite as you can possibly get.
- --Scotty Bluefleck // O Sword of Truth! Fly swift and sure, that Evil die and Good endure! 17:32, June 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Definitive means "this is the answer" - not "This could be the answer, but so could this, or this." -- LordTBT Talk! 22:12, June 5, 2012 (UTC)
- I mean as definite as you can get with the information provided. So pretty much our options are put the above answer, put "It is never specified", or else you delete the question (since I can't, not being an admin). Because to leave it blank makes no sense; it's like waiting for something you know is never going to happen. There is no other information given in the entire book on that subject.
- --Scotty Bluefleck // O Sword of Truth! Fly swift and sure, that Evil die and Good endure! 22:17, June 5, 2012 (UTC)
- At this time. For all we know, some massive resource or another book could be published in the future. -- LordTBT Talk! 22:21, June 5, 2012 (UTC)
- I must agree with Scotty, as the Winter of Slaughter may not be referenced in any other book, if any ever come out do come out. However, unless the question will be later used for reference later, I know the answer, so it can be removed.
- Do we answer Castaways of the Flying Dutchman questions? The manual of style appears to indicate so, but you said not to. The Fivemole Burr Aye, Gurt Zurrs!! 01:06, June 1, 2012 (UTC)
No, and I don't think the manual indicates anything about Castaways.I stand corrected after double checking. We will. Apologies. -- LordTBT Talk! 01:26, June 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Anyways, my question about Redjack Teal 's death was answered when it was deleted. The Fivemole Burr Aye, Gurt Zurrs!! 01:58, June 1, 2012 (UTC)
- On the "Wikipedia Says..." question about Audiobooks, you wrote "intimidated Mr. Jacques Voice". Did you mean "imitated Mr. Jacques Voice?" (I would have fixed this but the question is locked.)
- --Scotty Bluefleck \\ O Sword of Truth! Fly swift and sure, that Evil die and Good endure! 20:09, June 11, 2012 (UTC)